Monday, October 01, 2007

My Paris Diary-Part1

It was my maiden visit to any western country. All the worries of logistics are off my mind as my office took care of everything. Our (colleague accompanying me) tickets were booked for Air France. Air Travel was quite smooth. Got into and got off the plane at the right time.
We were welcomed with nice showers with heavy traffic, in Paris. For any Bangalorean, heaven is a place sans heavy traffic. By that standard Paris is no heaven. We felt that way on the first few hours at least. Of course, that perception
is changing.
By that time we arrived in Paris; it was after noon-Tuesday 25th Sep07.Freshed up and headed to nearby Indian restaurent.Reaching that Indian restaurant is a big story in itself; I will reserve that for future writing. With all jetlag headed to office; not to work but have a look at that. To our misfortune Manager was there in office and asked us to set up the entire environment to work; with all cursing we did all that stayed up to 8'oclock in the office. We went back home with the feeling that "Our Bad days are just Started off"

This is the second day: Went to office having some eatables that we carried here by paying "SODEXO COUPOUNS":-it is general feeling among IT People that "SODEXHO is not ours”; and spending SODEXHO is spending somebody's money. Soon we reached office we were asked to go to Client site-Lille.It is another big city north of Paris. Guys, I have been dreaming of traveling by "SUPERFAST Trains" from Hyderabad to New Delhi. My dream came true partially by traveling from PARIS-Lillie-Paris by TGV trains with speed no less than 200Kms.I hope Dr Lallu Yadav would make my dream fully true one day.

Next two days were very much routine. Coding-testing-Checking in the files-label sliding.....all routine stuff.

Then came the Weekend-the time for unraveling the grand ideas we chanced upon in our free time. we went to Eiffel tower, Loure Museum. I’ll write at length about these places in the next post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one